Terms and Conditions for using MAD Rewards Online Services
Effective Date: 27th February 2023.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE (“TERMS”) CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE, AS THEY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WAIVERS OF RIGHTS, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES AND YOUR INDEMNITY TO US. BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS SITE, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THIS SITE.
These “Terms” govern your use of the Savemate website and all related services and features such as widgets, mobile applications, browser extensions, content and downloads available through this website or that post these Terms (the “Shopping Site” or “Site”) regardless of how you access or use it. M.A.D Rewards Tech Ltd, Unit 201, Level 1, Gate Avenue – South Zone, DIFC, UAE or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates (collectively, “MAD Rewards”, “us” or “we”) operate this Site. The Site may be located at www.savemate.com or may be hosted under any other domain MAD Rewards or its partner(s) elect to operate the Site at.
You are obligated to gain a complete understanding of the Terms and the functions and operation of the Site. The MAD Rewards FAQ's, as well as How Cash Back Works? section, can be an aid in this purpose. In the event any FAQ comments, Site content, or any statements by our Customer Service Team conflict with these Terms, these Terms will govern.
MAD Rewards Tech Limited and its subsidiaries, affiliates and associated entities include MAD Rewards Inc, BSP Rewards Inc(collectively, “MAD Rewards Group Companies”).
§1.Validity, Compliance and Changes to Terms
(1) These Terms serve to regulate the contractual and operational relationship between you and MAD Rewards. They apply to every user, whether they are natural persons or legal entities. By using the Site, you declare your consent with these Terms. In addition, you will be requested to expressly accept the currently valid Terms at various points of the Site. Regardless of whether or not you are so requested or do not explicitly agree, if you access and use the Site other than to read these Terms, you are bound by them.
(2) MAD Rewards reserves the right to change these Terms prospectively, at any time and without any reason, (“Updated Terms”). You may be notified of Updated Terms by email or otherwise; however, you agree that we may notify you of the Updated Terms by simply posting them on the Site, and that your use of the Site after we have posted the Updated Terms (or engaging in such other conduct as we may reasonably specify) constitutes your agreement to the Updated Terms. Therefore, you should review these Terms each time before using the Site. The Updated Terms will be effective as of the time of posting, or such later date as may be specified in the Updated Terms, and will apply to your use of the Site from that point forward.
§2.Eligibility, Account Registration
(1) Those eligible to use the Site, earn Cash Back (defined in Section 5 below) and purchase paid memberships offered by us are natural persons, the age of majority (i.e., old enough to enter a binding contract) in the jurisdiction in which they are located, and in no event younger than 18 years of age and legal entities duly incorporated and in good standing in the jurisdiction in which they are located.
(2) In order to use this Site, you are required to register a user account. A general membership is free. We also offer a paid membership in accordance with clause 6. You are only permitted to register once and must provide accurate name, residential address and other mandatorily requested information, which may change from time to time. All submitted information must be true. You are obliged to keep passwords confidential and not share your account with others. MAD Rewards will neither request your passwords by email nor by telephone. You are liable for any third-party use of your user account and your password, so keep them secure.
§3.Expulsion of Users, Inactivity & Change of Offers
(1) MAD Rewards has the discretion to immediately expel a user, suspend or terminate a user’s account or licences in its business judgement, including, without limitation, if the user has violated legal regulations, third-party rights, these Terms; or has violated, endangered, or infringed upon a legitimate interest of MAD Rewards, particularly in case of outstanding payments or other matters for the protection of other users.
(2) MAD Rewards may terminate an account and void all previous Cash Back earnings in the event of inactivity, ie no Qualified Purchases occurred for a period of 2 years (24 months) or more. Accounts here-in terminated will not be reinstated and the voided transactions are permanently forfeited.
(3) MAD Rewards is entitled to change (in particular to reduce or suspend) its services or offerings, including, but not limited to, changing its fee schedule, products & service pricing and Cash Back percentages, in its sole discretion at any time and without prior notice. MAD Rewards may also at its absolute discretion discontinue the Site or any part of it at any time.
§4.Use of Site Generally
If you comply with these Terms, we grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable and non-transferable licence to display, view and use the Materials (defined in Section 18 below) available on the Site for the purpose of viewing the Site and using our services so long as you do not do any of the following:
- remove, alter, or obfuscate any trademark, copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the Materials;
- without the prior written consent of MAD Rewards, make derivative works of, or commercially distribute or otherwise exploit the Site or any of its Materials, or use the Site or any of its Materials in a manner that inaccurately suggests an association between you and us or our licensors;
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, reverse assemble, or modify any Site source or object code or any software or other products, services, or processes accessible through any portion of the Site, or attempt to discover any source code that the Site uses to generate its content or any software or other products or processes accessible through the Site;
- insert or attach any code, device, technology or product to the Site or Materials including, without limitation, those that monitor the Site or its users, or negatively affect any user’s experience of the Site or otherwise negatively affect the Site, its users or us;
- use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilising any MAD Rewards trademarks or trade names;
- engage in any activities through or in connection with the Site that seek to attempt to, or do, harm any individuals or entities or are unlawful, offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, threatening, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third party, or are otherwise objectionable to us;
- engage in any activity that interferes with a user’s access to the Site or the proper operation of the Site, or otherwise causes harm to the Site, MAD Rewards, or other users of the Site;
- interfere with or circumvent any security feature of the Site or any feature that restricts or enforces limitations on use of or access to the Site or the Materials;
- monitor, gather, copy, or distribute such Materials (except as may be a result of standard search engine or activity or use of a standard Internet browser) on the Site by using any robot, rover, “bot,” spider, scraper, crawler, spyware, engine, device, software, extraction tool, or any other automatic device, utility, or manual process of any kind;
- frame or utilise framing techniques to enclose any such Materials (including any images, text, or page layout);
- upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any material that contains viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs which might interrupt, limit, or interfere with the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- otherwise use or exploit the Site or any Materials in any way for any purpose except as specifically permitted by these Terms without the prior written consent of an officer of MAD Rewards.
(1) MAD Rewards has partnered with various third party online retailers, brands, merchants, stores and partners (“Stores”; each a “Store”) and provides this Cash Back Shopping Site which allows you to earn back a portion of your online shopping spending at these Stores if conducted through the Site. MAD Rewards is not the supplier of the goods and services listed in the different Stores on the Shopping Site. MAD Rewards receives compensation for referring buyers to the Stores. MAD Rewards gives a portion of this fee to members as Cash Back. Compensation received by MAD Rewards may be a consideration in whether retailers and products appear on our site, where they are placed, and how we promote them to you. Participation in our programs and the opportunity to earn Cash Back are offered at the sole discretion of MAD Rewards and subject to your compliance with these Terms.
MAD Rewards provides a link to the Store but you will conclude a purchase contract directly with the Store (see discussion of third-party links below). The identity of the Store as well as its terms and conditions are available on the website of the selected Store. A product purchased using the Site is covered by the applicable Store's return, exchange and shipping policies.
(2) MAD Rewards does not guarantee the accuracy of details listed by third-party suppliers on the Shopping Site, in particular for product descriptions, availability and prices, as these are listed completely by the third-party suppliers. Should you identify an error, please notify our Customer Service Team. After investigating the complaint, MAD Rewards will ask the respective Store to correct the error and – as the case may be – we will consider suspending the Store. In the event you find a Cash Back percentage that is unreasonably high or difficult to justify (for example 50%, 100% or 150%) MAD Rewards shall not be obligated to honour that Cash Back percentage. The unreasonably high Cash Back amount will be replaced with the correct Cash Back amount and applied to your MAD Rewards account. If you notice an unreasonably high Cash Back on our site, please contact customer service immediately.
(3) All registered users of the MAD Rewards Shopping Site earn Cash Back on their Qualified Purchases (defined hereafter) at participating Stores. If you shop through the MAD Rewards Shopping Site, whether you are a free or paid member (see Section 6) we will credit a certain percentage of the purchase amount (“Cash Back”) to your MAD Rewards account. Please note that Cash Back amounts are calculated based on the net purchase amount. The net purchase amount excludes (amongst others) taxes, fees, shipping, gift-wrapping, discounts or credits, returns or cancellations and extended warranties. MAD Rewards does not guarantee the Cash Back feature; Cash Back is only earned on Qualified Purchases. A “Qualified Purchase” is a purchase that a user has made at a Store after: (a) connecting to the Store via a designated link from the Site; or (b) opening the Mobile App and connecting to the Store via a designated link from the App; or (c) clicking on MAD Rewards’s browser extension indicator that appears when visiting a participating Store; or (d) clicking on a link in an email from MAD Rewards or its partners that goes directly to a Store; or (e) any time the MAD Rewards browser extension redirects a user back to a Store and that is in all cases (a) to (e) above subsequently properly reported to MAD Rewards by the Store and in all cases completing the purchase in that window without clicking out or opening any additional window(s). If a user is not properly logged in to the Shopping Site, Cash Back may be forfeited.
(4) With regard to Cash Back, please note the following restrictions:
- Cash Back on travel services will not be granted until the travel is completed.
- Cash Back on subscription-based products or purchases that are bundled to subscription-based products may only be granted in the first month of the subscription and only on the core component of the bundle. Setup fees, costs for included equipment and other additional costs may not be subject to a Cash Back. The purchase of stamps is not subject to Cash Back.
- Cash Back will not be calculated on proportionately included postage and/ or shipping costs and other fees respectively (e.g. handling fees).
- The assessment base for the Cash Back is net, without VAT, sales tax, GST etc.
- Cash Back may not be granted for the purchase and/or redemption of gift cards.
- MAD Rewards reserves the right to deny Cash Back if it was received in an improper or fraudulent way or in circumvention of our Terms. Please note that you must be logged in for the technical implementation of the Cash Back to work properly. Despite the use of developed technology, it is not always possible to guarantee a loss-free allocation of all purchases to your account. Should you miss any purchases, please report them by using the tab “Missing Purchase” for further investigation from the Store.
- Certain Stores exclude a limited number of products and purchases from Cash Back or have other conditions or restrictions – e.g. bulk orders.
- Additional restrictions not mentioned here may apply.
- MAD Rewards can only pay Cash Back after we have received confirmation from the relevant Affiliate Network/ Partners regarding the Qualified Purchase. You acknowledge that the Store/Affiliate Network/ Partners or its tracking agency’s decision is final in relation to the payment of any commission to us and in turn, our decision is final in relation to paying Cash Back to you. We will make all reasonable endeavours to secure the payment of commission on a transaction but we do not and cannot make any guarantee in this regard. In the event we do not receive the expected commission for a transaction for whatever reason, we will not be liable to pay the relevant Cash Back to you.
(6) MAD Rewards pays requested Cash Back 3 times per year (in April, August, and December) for free members and every month for VIP users, upon request, which request must be submitted to MAD Rewards 45 days prior to the relevant payout month . Only one withdrawal per payout month is permitted. Depending on your location, MAD Rewards may offer various payment methods and currencies. You do not have the right to use a particular payment method or currency and available methods may change without notice. The minimum amount of Cash Back eligible to be withdrawn is as follows, depending on the applicable account currency:
USD – 15
AUD – 20
EUR – 15
GBP – 12
BRL – 80
INR – 1200
You will be charged the transaction fee. The amount of time it takes to process a payment as well as the transaction fee varies depending on the selected payout option.
We do not hold money in your account similar to a bank or financial institution, and legal title to any Cash Back earnings does not pass to you until you have taken possession of the Cash Back by way of a successful withdrawal from your account.
For the avoidance of doubt and notwithstanding any other provision contained in these terms and conditions, you agree and acknowledge that the payment of Cash Back to you is at our discretion and we may refuse to pay Cash Back to you for any reason.
(1) In addition to its free membership, MAD Rewards offers an optional paid membership subscription service, the “VIP Rewards” Membership. MAD Rewards reserves the right to cancel the existing VIP Rewards subscriptions temporarily or ultimately and withhold benefits associated with the VIP Rewards membership for violation of these Terms.
(2) The VIP Rewards membership is for personal use only. Commercial use is prohibited and MAD Rewards may restrict access or cancel your VIP Rewards membership at any time at its own discretion in case of any misuse.
(3) Exclusively every VIP member will have one entry into the monthly raffle, that enables a lottery winning, terms for which are subject to Raffle Terms & Conditions
(4) A Cash Back bonus of $5 will be additionally credited to your wallet for every $20 in Cash Back earnings for qualified purchases made by VIP members. The bonus will only become available for redemption once the qualified purchase has completed all validation phases by our Affiliate Partner networks.
(5) The VIP Rewards Membership fee (“Membership Fee”) is to be paid on an Annual Billing Plan only. A payment of $49 is charged in a single transaction and is payable upfront on date of purchase, covering 12 months of subsequent subscription
(6) Member authorises MAD Rewards to bill selected debit/credit card or wallet on the Effective Date (and corresponding periodic renewal dates, if applicable) for the Membership Fee due for the applicable Subscription. If, for any reason, Member’s credit/debit card declines the amount billed for the Membership Fee, Member agrees that MAD Rewards may, at its option, suspend or terminate Member’s membership and require the Member to pay all overdue amounts by other means acceptable to MAD Rewards.
§7.Refer-A-Friend Program (“the RAF Program”)
The RAF Program rewards you as an existing user with up to $5 per referral when you successfully refer your friends/ new users to the Site and they fulfil requisite RAF conditions as under
(a) VIP members will be credited with a $10 referral Cash Back reward (“RAF Cash Back Reward”), for each referred friend who meets the minimum Cash Back criterion.
(b) We will credit free members with a $5 referral Cash Back reward (“RAF Cash Back Reward”) for each referred friend who meets the minimum Cash Back criterion
(1) Each referred friend who joins as a free user or a VIP Rewards member, must execute a qualifying purchase for a minimum value of $30 within 60 days of joining.
(2) Each referred friend that signs up as a free or VIP Rewards member will qualify to receive a $5 joining bonus that will be credited to their wallet. Withdrawal of the bonus is subject to standard minimum requirements as set forth in section 5.6
(3) The RAF Cash Back Rewards are not applicable in conjunction with any promotional vouchers, offers, coupons or discounted rates as may be offered from time-to-time.
(4) You must be an existing active registered user on the Site to make successful referrals and qualify for the referral rewards under this RAF Program.
(5) You must obtain your referral link (RAF Link) via our Site, then send the RAF Link to your friend who must click the RAF Link you sent, to create an account and join as a free user or a VIP Rewards member.
(6) The RAF Program is not open for referrals made to existing users and members who are already registered as free or VIP Rewards members.
(8) For the purposes of this RAF Program, MAD Rewards has the sole discretion to determine whether a referral qualifies as a successful referral (“Qualified Referral”).
(9) Once your referral is considered a Qualified Referral, you will be credited applicable RAF Rewards and/or RAF Cash Back Rewards into your membership account provided your friend's transaction has successfully completed the transaction requirements and hasn't been refunded. To check your credit balance, visit your dashboard and check the amount displayed.
(10) You must redeem RAF Cash Back Rewards credits within 6 months of those credits being deposited in your account, following which time they shall automatically expire and be rendered null and void.
(11) VIP RAF Joining Rewards and/or RAF Cash Back Rewards credits cannot be transferred, exchanged for any cash or money or sold.
(12) This RAF Program may be changed, altered or discontinued by us without prior notice at any time at our own discretion with or without any substitute or replacement.
(13) RAF earnings are clubbed with other qualifying Cash Back earnings in order to be withdrawn and will strictly align with the minimum required withdrawal limits as set forth in section 5.6
§8.Order Acceptance, Payments
(1) If you purchase a VIP Rewards membership an agreement occurs only through your offer and an order acceptance by MAD Rewards. You submit your offer online and MAD Rewards declares its acceptance in an order acceptance via email to you or by delivering the service or product. An order confirmation is not an order acceptance declaration; it solely confirms that your order has been received.
(2) Depending on your location, MAD Rewards may offer various payment methods. You do not have the right to use a particular payment method and available methods may change without notice. Depending on several business factors, we may decide to process your transactions/payments with one of our banking partners located outside of your country which may result in international transaction fees or other fees which the user shall be subject to and responsible to pay.
(3) We reserve the right not to provide VIP Rewards access until we have received the purchase price (including associated costs, i.e. taxes). Furthermore, your account shall be in good standing, meaning you have no outstanding balance with us. All incoming funds will first be credited towards the outstanding balance from prior purchases and, only thereafter, towards the purchase of new products/ services.
§9.Cancellation, Termination, Inactive Accounts
(1) If you are a consumer, you may cancel your paid membership, without reasons, within seven (7) days (“Cooling-off Period”) after purchase in writing. The time limit commences when receiving the product with purchase of the license or service, respectively. Cancellation requests must be submitted online by using our contact form at https://support.savemate.com
(2) In the case of an effective cancellation under clause 9(1), we will reimburse payments for products, provided that they have not yet been used. Your right of withdrawal against the purchase of services or licenses is voided once they have been used proportionately or completely.
(3) You may terminate your free membership at any time. If you have not completed a Qualified Purchase for more than twelve (12) consecutive months, your account becomes inactive (“Inactive Account”). MAD Rewards reserves the right to debit your Cash Back balance of your Inactive Account two dollars ($2) per month to recover the cost of account maintenance until (i) you reactivate your account by completing a Qualified Purchase, or (ii) your account balance is zero. If the balance in your Inactive Account is or becomes zero, MAD Rewards may close the account permanently and cease to maintain your account records and Site access. The inactive account maintenance charge will not cause your account balance to become negative and will not cause you to owe money to MAD Rewards.
(4) In addition to taking the actions in clause 9(2), in the event of account inactivity (i.e. no Qualified Purchases occurred) for a period of 2 years (24 months) or more, MAD Rewards may terminate the account and void all previous Cash Back earnings. Accounts here-in terminated will not be reinstated and the voided transactions are permanently forfeited.
§10.User Generated Content
(1) We allow Site users to post comments, reviews or other content in certain areas of the Site as well as on our social media sites. Any content posted on our Site or on our social media sites (i.e. Facebook), including any files attached to posts, expresses only the views of the author of the message and does not necessarily reflect the views of MAD Rewards or any person or entity associated with it. You agree that you will not use our Site to post any material, links to any material or files that are or contain material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy or otherwise violate any applicable law, rules, regulations or MAD Rewards policies. MAD Rewards, nor any person or entity associated with it, will assume any responsibility for the contents, accuracy, completeness or validity of any information posted on or about our Site
(2) You further agree that: (a) you will not post or otherwise transmit any material that is copyrighted or subject to a third party's intellectual property rights without the express permission of the holder of such rights, unless such rights are owned by you; (b) you will not collect or store personal data about other users; (c) you will not use the Site for any commercial purpose not expressly approved by the MAD Rewards in writing; and (d) you will not upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any advertising or promotional materials or any other form of solicitation or unauthorised communication.
(3) You agree to indemnify and hold MAD Rewards, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, employees, and website contractors and each of their officers, employees and agents harmless from any claims, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, related to your violation of this section 10, or any violations thereof by your dependents or which arises from the use of content you submitted, posted, or otherwise provided to MAD Rewards or this Site. MAD Rewards reserves the right in its absolute discretion to terminate or suspend the accounts of users who infringe this section 10.
(4) You hereby grant MAD Rewards a perpetual, world-wide, royalty-free licence to distribute, copy, adapt, reproduce, transmit, create derivative works and otherwise use content and information you post on the Site for any purpose and in any media now known or hereinafter developed. You expressly agree that the MAD Rewards is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any posting or communication you send to us without compensation and for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services using such information. You represent and warrant that you own the content submitted, displayed, published or posted by you on the Site and otherwise have the right to grant the licence set forth herein, and the displaying, publishing or posting of any content you submit, and our use thereof does not and will not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark rights, patents, contract rights or any other intellectual property rights or other rights of any person or entity. You further agree that we may, but are not required to, moderate or review any content posted by you to the Site, and may edit or remove such content if we believe it violates these terms and conditions, or is otherwise inappropriate or objectionable. You also acknowledge that any information that you post to our Site may be viewable by other users, as well as visitors to our Site. MAD Rewards is not responsible for the privacy of any information that you choose to post to our Site, any information that you disclose becomes public information.
(1) The Site may contain links to or from third-party websites (“Linked Websites”), including websites operated by third parties who may have business relationships with us. We may have no control over the content, operations, policies, terms, or other elements of Linked Websites, and we do not assume any obligation to review any Linked Websites. We do not endorse, approve, or sponsor any Linked Websites, or any third-party content, advertising, information, materials, products, services, or other items. Furthermore, we are not responsible for the quality or delivery of the products or services offered, accessed, obtained by or advertised at such Linked Websites. Finally, we will under no circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or special loss or other damage, whether arising from negligence, breach of contract, defamation, infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights, caused by the exhibition, distribution or exploitation of any information or content contained within these Linked Websites. Any activities you engage in connection with any of the same are subject to the privacy and other policies, terms and conditions of use, and rules issued by the operator of the Linked Websites. Any interactions, correspondence, transactions, and other dealings that you have with any third parties found on or through the Site (including on or via Linked Websites) are solely between you and the third party and we disclaim all liability in connection therewith.
(2) We grant you the revocable permission to link to the Site; provided, however, that your web site, or any third-party websites that link to the Site: (a) must not imply that we or the Site are endorsing or sponsoring it or its products or services, unless an officer of MAD Rewards has given prior written consent; (b) must not present false information about, or disparage, tarnish, or otherwise, in our sole opinion, harm MAD Rewards or its products or services; (c) must not contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive or controversial or otherwise objectionable (in our sole opinion); and (d) must be owned and controlled by you or the person or entity placing the link, or otherwise permit you to enable such link subject to these Terms. By linking to the Site, you agree that you do and will continue to comply with the above linking requirements and all applicable laws.